• You can ride Pokemon in areas that you need help with, for example using a Rhydon to help with rocky terrain.
• Online battles will basically be the same as before, but you can pick which music you want to use for them!
The Dragon/Flying Pokemon, Noivern!
• There will be many different transportation methods, but some are localized to part of the region.
• There will be a rival but the focus will be on connecting with others now instead of just the rival.
• The game music will apparently be less digitized now and will "have a different feeling".
• There is 8-directional movement. It's still a grid because it's easier for players to understand and it's also better for encountering wild Pokemon. Roller skates and other things can move the character off the grid though which is cool.
The Bug/Flying Pokemon, Vivillion!
• EVs and IVs will be more visible in X/Y.
• Clauncher and Skrelp confirmed to be two of the Pokemon from our previous article.
• The region is based on France. They wanted to focus on "beauty".
• They're not revealing the amount of new Pokemon just yet.
• Fairy-type was created partly to combat the imbalance of Dragon-type's power and some imbalances in the type chart. Just like Dark and Steel back in Generation II which is fair.
• Pokemon can be imported from previous games! Great news!
• You can still only have one save file which sucks a bit.
• Talonflame, a new Fire- and Flying-type Pokemon, has just been revealed in a Sky Battle demo against Noctowl!
• Sky Battles have been officially confirmed.
• Sky Battles will use many different camera angles.
• There will now be a new battle scenario called "Horde Encounters" - it's what we saw in the previous post with Froakie vs. the Houndour. Your Pokemon vs. 5, and they can be different ones. You have to battle all of them to continue!
• Hordes are meant to balance difficulty and keep people from capturing a powerful Pokemon in the wild and breezing through.
• Pokemon you play with in Pokemon-Aime will be stronger in battles.
• Other Pokemon will apparently be rideable too, including Rhydon (I see what you did there Gamefreak), which is shown in the game startup screen!
• There was apparently a new Fire-type shown that looks like a small dog.
• There have been 80 million trades since D/P! WOW!
• The games feature multiple camera angles and viewpoints, even split screen!
• Skrelp is a Poison- and Water-type Pokemon (the seahorse pokemon). Clauncher is a Water-type Pokemon (the crustacean Pokemon).
• The new PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade.
• It communicates via local StreetPass and Wi-Fi to track even people you pass by.
• The PSS & 3DS Friend List are fully integrated.
• Players will be able to choose from 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean).
There was also a new trailer released!
Some awesome news here and confirmed what was discussed in our previous Pokemon X and Y post!
[UPDATE] Official Artwork of the new Pokemon!
What do you think of this amazing news? Does it get you pumped for Pokemon X and Y? Let us know what you think in the comments below!Last modified on