Gazillion Entertainment announced that Marvel Heroes, the free-to-play action-MMORPG set in the Marvel Universe now has 1.5 million registered users since it launched on June 4, 2013. In addition, Gazillion have dropped info on the first major update for Marvel Heroes which will be hitting servers in late July and revealed details on the new “Asgard” zone, which will be released in Fall 2013.
Marvel Heroes Patch 1.11 will introduce:
- End Game Additions - New Player versus Player (PvP) and End Game modes will give players an alternate way to experience Marvel Heroes after they defeat Doctor Doom.
- Eternity Splinters - A new currency that will offer an alternate method to earn playable Heroes through gameplay.
- Ultimate Updates - A new tier of powerful “Ultimate” items than enhance Heroes’ Ultimate Powers.
- Human Torch – Players will be able to suit up as the Human Torch for the first time.
The Asgard zone will include:
- New Story Content - Set in the realm of Thor and Loki, players will be able to take on new missions and adventures across the world of Asgard
- New Areas – New PvE areas as well as new PvP modes and end-game content to challenge players
- And Much More - More details on Marvel Heroes “Asgard” digital expansion will be revealed later this year!
Sadly no little grey aliens in the Asgard zone, but it all sounds pretty cool none the less. Queue the quote from somebody who works on the game:
“We are honored by this incredible one and a half million registered user milestone and thank everyone who has played Marvel Heroes,” said David Brevik, CEO of Gazillion Entertainment. “As the Marvel Heroes community continues to grow and expand, we’re working hard to make the game play experience even better and add new content to the game. This is just the beginning for Marvel Heroes. We’re very excited about the future.”
Do you play Marvel Heroes? Looking forward to the new Asgard update? Let us know in the comments below.Last modified on