A good portion of any horror game is making sure you have the correct kit for survival, whether that be an outfit or guns. Now imagine if, when starting a game, you're given a handful of these tools already so you can start blasting straight away. This is what is happening with Dead Space 3, which is set to launch will 11 dlc packs designed to help players accrue in-game loot faster and kit Isaac Clarke with new weapons and suits.
These dlc packs centre around the in-game crafing system, where you can assemble salvaged parts and resources into new weapons ready to slice apart the Necromorphs. You can also get them delivered by little scavenger bots, whom you can pay to upgrade. Every player will have at least one of these bots, and their purpose is designed to give an extra edge while also providing risks. These upgrades are one of the dlc packs, with one designed for upgrading the bots' capacity while the other works on the bots' personality. Yes, your scavenger bot will have its own personality (I'm hoping it can scream at horror just like a player would).
The full list of launch DLC's can be found below:
- Bot Capacity Upgrade - $4.99 / £3.17
- Bot Personality Pack - $4.99 / £3.17
- First Contact Pack - FREE
- Marauder Pack - $4.99 / £3.17
- Sharpshooter Pack - $4.99 / £3.17
- Tundra Recon Pack - $4.99 / £3.17
- Witness the Truth Pack - $4.99 / £3.17
- Bot Accelerator - $4.99 / £3.17
- Epic Weapon and Resources Pack - $2.99 / £1.90
- Online Pass (this enables online play for pre-owned games) - $9.99 / £6.36
- Ultra Weapon and Resources Pack - $1.99 / £1.27
- Resource Pack - $0.99 / £0.63
Dead Space 3 will be available February 8th 2013 for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. There's still time to grab yourself a pre-ordered copy so don't worry. Are you looking forward to the latest in the franchise? Let us know!Last modified on