Terminal Reality are in the process of creating a first-person, do-whatever-you-need-to-survive game based on the hit tv series The Walking Dead. You assume the role of crossbow-wielding Daryl Dixon, alongside his overbearing brother Merle as they make their way to the supposedly safe city of Atlanta.
The game boasts the following features:
- An engrossing single player campaign that lets players experience the world of The Walking Dead through the eyes of Daryl Dixon.
- A unique style of gameplay that blends first person action with resource management for a focus on surviving the undead nightmare.
- Authentic character design and frighteningly realistic animations. Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Michael Rooker (Merle) provide the voices and the Walkers look, move and react to sights, sounds and smells just like the tv series.
- An emphasis on survival. Every threat needs to be assessed and every situation analysed, and resources are scarce and scattered meaning you have to ration supplies. The game is based more on intellect rather than simple, sheer skill.
- Decisions matter. Encounters with other characters can help or hurt him in a variety of ways, and whether or not they accompany him is up to the player.
- Terminal Reality are using the Infernal Engine to create an "amazing experience for both fans and newcomers alike".
You can check out the launch date trailer below and it will be available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC on 26th March 2013.